Providence is calling a Perioperative Services Information Systems Analyst (1.0 FTE Days) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Perioperative Services Information Systems Analyst coordinates the daily operations and maintenance of the Perioperative Services information systems. Works collaboratively with the PAMC Information System Team, Assistant Chief Nurse Executive, Perioperative Services, Clinical Manager of the Operating Room, the Clinical Manager of Day Surgery, PACU, and Endoscopy and the Manager of SPD.
In this position you will:
- Maintain the patient charging database and assist the Perioperative Services Finance Officer with updating the database with new items, supplies and charges
- Assist in the development, planning, implementation and maintenance of consistent information systems policies and procedures
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with all involved staff to include, associated departments, staff, physicians and vendors
- Monitor all system activities and users of ORBIT to assure data security, validity, integrity and efficient and appropriate usage
- Assist the Perioperative Services Director, Clinical Manager, Financial Analyst/Business liaison and surgical staff in optimizing the allocation and use of resources
- Optimize the use of the computer systems to enhance staff productivity and management decision making
Required qualifications for this position include:
- B.S. or B.A. degree or five (5) years of experience in computer information systems
- Experience working with operating systems, databases, hardware and software programs
- Extensive working knowledge of data entry, surgery scheduling programs and patient billing
- Must have an aptitude and interest in learning and maintaining the software and computer systems according to PAMC standards
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Five (5) years of clinical (perioperative) experience
- General knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative procedures
- Previous experience in training adults and/or education
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 148353