POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with prescribed endoscopic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with case preparation, pulls appropriate instruments and supplies. May assists with maintaining the accurate information on preference cards. Reviews case for procedural needs and ensures the correct diagnostic and therapeutic devices are available.
2. Assists in performing endoscopic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Anticipates and prepares for changing needs.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash. Responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and storage of scopes and reusable devices. Ensures that unused supplies are returned appropriately.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, assists with the proper set up of appropriate equipment and positioning devices/patients in procedures rooms. Assist with the cleaning/stocking of procedure rooms and carts.
5. Supports the operations of the department by assisting with clerical duties as needed.
6. This position works under direct supervision and follows pre-established procedures and protocols. Internal customers are patients and all levels of staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires clinical knowledge normally associated with 1 - 2 years of previous experience in a health care setting. Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication and human relations skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.