All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Team Based Nursing Model
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Day Shift- 40/hrs per week
Location: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth North Pinellas
The role you’ll contribute:
The Bariatric Coordinator ensures that all necessary resources are in place to facilitate effective patient support and treatments toward providing quality patient care to patients with morbid obesity. The Bariatric Coordinator interacts daily with patients, physicians and nursing staff and works closely with the surgeons and their office staff to ensure an uneventful and successful progression for the patient through the surgery process. The Bariatric Coordinator is responsible for all hospital program management, including staff and community education if applicable, patient rounds, outcomes monitoring, preparation of statistical reports, and maintenance of all required documentation; and compliance with national standards, certifications, and accreditations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Manages accreditation criteria and ensures continuous compliance with Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) standards.
· Performs follow up calls to bariatric patients within 6-7 days post-operatively to assess status. Relays any pertinent patient care information to surgeon’s practice clinical staff or surgeon. Documents in appropriate electronic medical record.
· Develops, coordinates and provides physician, staff, patient and community education as applicable. Staff education will focus on metabolic and bariatric patient safety, complications, and sensitivity, along with other relevant bariatric patient care topics.
· Supports the development of written protocols and education of nursing staff detailing the rapid communication and basic response to critical patient findings that are specifically required to minimize delays in the treatment of serious adverse events.
· Works collaboratively with the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Clinical Reviewer (MBSCR) to ensure timely submission of outcomes data to the MBSAQIP Registry.
· Coordinates and facilitates Bariatric Seminar/Support Group meetings monthly and sends patient reminders as needed. Documents group location, meeting time, facilitator credentials, agenda and number of people in attendance per MBSAQIP standards.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Two-years minimum experience as an RN
Bariatric Nurse Certification (CBN) or achieved within two years of employment
Bachelor’s degree in nursing
Master’s degree in nursing
Experience with program development
Experience in care of patients with morbid obesity
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.