Location: Akron, Ohio
Akron Children's Hospital Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology is seeking a BE/BC Pediatric Endocrinologist to join our team. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US News and World Report. In addition, the Center is accredited by the American Diabetes Association, with recognition for Quality Self-Management and Education.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
* Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
* More than 900 providers, who manage 1.1 million patient encounters annually
* A network of more than 50 primary and specialty care locations
* Robust research and innovation endeavors
* An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
The Endocrinology team consists of 11 pediatric endocrinologists, 6 certified nurse practitioners and a comprehensive diabetes management team. The Center's staff is complemented by a full-service lab, registered dietitians, social work, child psychologists and others who work together to provide top-notch care to the patients served.
The Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology provides comprehensive care for all aspects of endocrine disorders and Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. In addition, the Center also has specialized programs and clinics including the following:
* Turner Syndrome Program
* Thyroid Disorders Clinic
* Survivors of Childhood Cancers and Brain Tumors
* Gender Affirming Care
* Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
* Neurofibromatosis 1
* Annual Diabetes Camp
This position offers opportunities for:
* Limited call (1:11) affording exceptional work-life balance
* An attractive comprehensive benefit package
* Participation in subspecialty clinics and quality improvement
* Active involvement in medical student and resident education academic appointment at
Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
* Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and local
universities local universities
Requirements include board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Endocrinology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community offers outdoor enthusiasts more than 40,000 acres of parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine.
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: