Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Assists all areas with the coordination of the daily patient surgical schedule with occasional guidance from the charge nurse, physician, or staff nurse. Ensures instrumentation is sterile and ready to use. Cleans, disinfects and sterilize all flexible bronchoscopes, video scopes and related Endoscopy instruments for all areas.
* Maintains work environment in a safe, clean, orderly manner.
* Performs, documents and monitors all quality control tools.
* Receives and inventories departmental supplies, instrumentation and equipment.
* Prepares instrumentation and equipment according to recommended procedures and techniques in preparation for high-level disinfection and sterilization to support all perioperative areas and clinics.
* Operates all departmental equipment safely and effectively.
* Scans instrumentation and assembles, according to prescribed procedures and techniques.
* Provides technical support and assists in selecting instruments and equipment for Endoscopy Procedures for all Perioperative areas.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
6:30am - 3:00pm
SIGN ON BONUS REQUIREMENTS
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC within the last year.
* Equipment Maintenance (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to maintain equipment, products, or systems in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Assures that parts inventory is sufficient.
* Sterilization Preparation (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate sterilization preparation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* Surgical Equipment Knowledge (Novice): Knowledge of the specific equipment and its performance criteria, capabilities and limitations. Able to use the equipment to accomplish basic tasks associated with the specific devices. May conduct remedial maintenance and preventive maintenance.
* Departmental Policies & Procedures (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of departmental policies and procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing departmental policies and procedures, and may recommend improvements to existing departmental policies and procedures within the work area.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Endoscopy Technician Certification - N/A
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.